Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 Years



So yesterday was our 10th wedding anniversary. When we talked about it, it always seemed so far off. The past 10 years have gone by so fast, but so much has changed. I can't possibly be married for 10 years already, right? Because I can't possibly be old enough to be married for 10 years, right? :o) It sure snuck up on us...Tom used to talk about how at our 10 year he and I were going to Hawaii. I guess he didn't realize we'd have five little kids, and still no money to go to Hawaii, heehee. In 10 years we've had 4 kids (yes, for those of you doing the math, Alex is 11, lol), two stays in the NICU, one horrible experience in the burn ICU at Loyola (worst experience of my life!) I've had three cars, two house, bought two dogs, we've had at least 11 surgeries (that's all I can think of off the top of my head), TONS of illnesses, gone on tons of vacations, lost a lot of loved ones, made lots of great friends, gained 1 nephew and 3.5 nieces (very excited about the debut of number 4 in July!!) and had a lot of really good times. It has definitely been a wild ride for us. Those of you close to us can definitely agree with that. (just ask my mom, she's always complaining that things never "settle down" for us, lol). Through all the ups and downs, good and bad, I wouldn't change a thing. Because it has brought us to where we are today, and made us who we are. I can't wait to see where we are in another 10. Maybe we'll celebrate our 20th in Hawaii ;o)! (and I know I'm not supposed to say it, but I think we had the cutest ring bearer in all of history!)

3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures! And yes, I agree, you did have the cutest ringbearer ever! Happy anniversary to two of my favorite people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said...20 years might be too soon. I am smarter then I was then...let's shoot for 50...that will keep you around longer. ;) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to 10 more years of marriage and 10 more years of your boys beating up on their old and decrepit uncle.

    ReplyDelete